After plenty of nominations for some amazing charities, we’re so pleased to announce that we have chosen the charity that we’d like to partner with for 2019; 2 Wish Upon A Star.
This incredible charity “provides bereavement support for families who have suddenly and traumatically lost a child or young adult aged 25 years and under.” The charity’s main aims are to:
- Ensure every Emergency Department in Wales has a suitable bereavement suite for bereaved families
- Ensure that bereavement boxes are available for families at each of these hospital
- Ensure that immediate bereavement support is available for suddenly bereaved families
- Provide a professional counselling service for suddenly bereaved families
- Provide support to individuals who witness the sudden and traumatic death of a child or young adult
2 Wish Upon A Star solely relies on funds raised by volunteers and wouldn’t be able to continue with the vital work they carry out if it wasn’t for donations. Last year they helped over 200 families through practical advice, support groups and counselling as well as complementary and play therapy. The bereavement boxes alone cost around £50 each so you can imagine the funds they need to keep going. These boxes are provided in every hospital across the whole of Wales. You can read about, charity founder, Rhian’s story here and find out why she set up the charity back in 2012.
We’ve set ourselves an ambitious target of £3,000 and aim to get as close to this as we can by the end of the year.
2 Wish Upon A Star organise their own events throughout the year and some of our team will be getting involved in the 2 Wish on 2 Wheels event. Over 250 cyclists participate in a fantastic 1 or 2-day cycling challenge covering up to 120 miles, for all abilities, from Haverfordwest to Llantrisant.
Watch this space for events we’ll be taking part in, as well as organising ourselves, throughout the year. We’re counting on our lovely clients, as well as our friends and family, to get behind us in raising money for this wonderful charity who help families when the very worst happens.