Meet Lauren – our newest addition to the marketing team
We are thrilled to introduce the latest member of our marketing team! Lauren (a content marketing guru) has joined us during an exciting period of transition.
While stepping in to cover our Digital Marketing Lead’s maternity leave, she brings with her a wealth of expertise and a fresh perspective that we believe will be invaluable to our team.
We couldn’t be more excited to have her on board, and we can’t wait to see the innovative ideas and strategies she’ll bring to the table.
All about Lauren
Rather than keeping her all to ourselves, we wanted to introduce Lauren to you all! We thought the best way to do this was through a good old-fashioned Q&A!
1. What did you do before joining the team?
In 2020 I did my master’s degree. Following that I worked as a PR and marketing executive for a cycling brand before working in an agency as a copywriter. I then went freelance in July 2022 and I’ve worked on a range of different projects doing anything from social media to video scripts!
2. What’s an interesting fact about you?
I don’t know if I’m all that interesting, really! How about five random facts?
- I once shaved my hair off for several charities, raising almost £3000
- I once went by the alias Midnight Bliss as an alternative model (though I never considered myself a model, it was just for fun. A creative outlet).
- I was once a sponsored downhill mountain bike racer for a local shop in South Wales (thanks, Don Skene Cycles!)
- I’ve done two summer seasons in the French Alps. I split my time between working at riding my mountain bike.
- I’ve been renovating my house (@firsthomeatnumberone) since we moved in back in 2017. I think we might be the slowest renovators in Wales.
3. How did you get into the marketing industry?
I think writing plays a much bigger part in marketing than people often realise. It was a natural progression really. A lot of what I do lends itself well to working within marketing. I’ve been lucky to be able to get involved in so many different aspects of marketing.
Writing is my passion and first love, but there’s so much to constantly learn in the marketing industry. I think that’s one of the things that makes it so exciting.
4. What’s something you’ve learned in your first week?
I’ve learned that there’s a lot to learn! It’s always really interesting to work with different people, see the dynamics, figure out their ways of working and get involved. I like to get to know new people and learn new things, so I’m looking forward to what’s ahead. I’ve also learned that Ronalyn makes a very good (and very full) cup of coffee.
5. What excites you most about your new position?
I’m excited to get the opportunity to learn and grow. I also really appreciate that Copper Bay share many of the same values I do when it comes to doing a great job for clients. It’s nice to know that my opinions and skills will be valued and that I’ll be able to focus on doing the best job possible.
“I’m so pleased that Lauren was able to join Copper Bay to look after my clients while I’m on maternity leave. She hasn’t been with us long but has already brought some fresh and exciting ideas. I can’t wait to see the impact she has in the long term!”
Vicki Nichols, Digital Marketing Lead