6 ways to boost your business with Google Ads
If you’re like most business owners, you’re always looking for ways to grow your company. And if you’ve been paying attention to the digital marketing world, you know that effective Google Ad campaigns can be a great way to do just that.
But designing and running successful Ad campaigns isn’t as easy as it seems. In this blog post, we’ll share some tips on how to create effective Google Ads that will help you grow your business.
Ever wondered how some businesses can grow so rapidly while others struggle?
It’s no secret that effective Google Ad campaigns can help you reach more customers and grow your business.
But creating and managing a successful Ad campaign can be tricky unless you know what you’re doing.
That is why many businesses recognise the importance of hiring expert help to help.
6 ways Google ads can help grow your business:
- Paid search is one of the most effective ways to reach new customers
- Google Ad campaigns can be customised to target your specific audience
- Ads are shown when people are already looking for what you offer
- Running Google Ads is a cost-effective way to grow your business
- You can track your ad campaign results and optimise as needed
- Optimise your website and landing pages to improve conversion.
1. Paid search is one of the most effective ways to reach new customers
Unlike organic search, paid search gets you to the top of search results quickly. Google Ads are a perfect way to quickly get in front of high intent search prospects regardless of business size.
Since paid search ads target specific search queries, people who see your ads are already looking for a solution. They’re already looking for a product or service like yours, rather than surfing the web in general.
Paid search will instantly bump your traffic and raise your brand awareness when put live. This is powerful for newer companies looking to penetrate market share. Especially if they aren’t currently ranking for them organically. It is also good strategy for market penetration in a competitive market by tapping into your competitor’s potential customers.
2. Google Ad campaigns can be customised to target your specific audience
The key marketing tactic is to deliver the right message to the right audience. In paid media, audiences can be groups of users who:
- demonstrate a specific behaviour,
- perform particular actions,
- or simply share their details with you.
For example, your audience can be parents who are looking for ballet lessons and behave similarly to users who convert on your website. With the right audience targeting in Google Ads, you can target your ads precisely to users who are most likely to buy.
Google Ads paid search is split into several different campaign types; Display, Search, Video Shopping, and Performance campaigns. Audiences are made up of segments, or groups of people with specific interests, intents, and demographic information (as estimated by Google).
When adding an audience to a campaign or ad group, you can select from a wide range of segments. For example, these segments could include fans of sport and travel, people shopping for cars, or specific people that have visited your website or app. Google Ads will then show ads to people who are likely in your selected categories. Meaning Google Ads gives you powerful targeting options for people likely to buy your product or service.
3. Ads are shown when people are already looking for what you offer
Google Ads target specific keywords which is known as active marketing to potential customers who are looking for your solution. These are usually a lot further down the funnel than those who see your product or service on a social media channel.
Often Google Ads will be the first awareness driver point for your brand so it is important to track attribution across the whole customer journey. Rather than just analysing data on the last click model. Google now has both positions-based and data-driven attribution models. This allows marketers and businesses to see the real impact of paid search in driving revenue or awareness initially.
4. Running Google Ads is a cost-effective way to grow your business
The beauty of Google Ads it it lets you target your ads to the type of customers you want. It even helps filter out those you don’t. You can use different targeting methods to reach potential customers right when they’re searching for your products or services.
There are a number of different data points you can use to measure your success, or pinpoint your weakness. Unlike years ago when you used to spend hundreds of pounds on leaflets, with Google Ads each penny is tracked and you can see the effectiveness and engagement of your marketing campaigns. This is why modern-day business owners use Google Ads as a cost-effective way to grow their business.
5. You can track your ad campaign results and optimise as needed
With Google Ads conversion tracking, you can see how effectively your ad clicks lead to an action. This can be different for every business. Valuable activity can be anything from website purchases, phone calls, app downloads, or newsletter sign-ups.
The set-up process is different depending on the type of conversion that you’re tracking. The first step in setting up conversion tracking would be choosing a conversion source (where your conversions come from).
Things in Google Ads that you can track:
- Impressions (how many people see your ad)
- Clicks (how many people click through to your website)
- Cost per lead (how much it costs you to get a customer/sale).
There are 100’s of metrics and reports you can use in Google Ads which help justify the spend and be able to get granular with detail.
6. Quality score is important for getting the best results from your ads
Although many business owners or marketing managers try to set up Google Ads and run campaigns, they are rarely running an optimised campaign from the start. Google Ads score your ads, keywords, landing page and website experience out of 10. Improving your score helps drive down costs, improve clicks and increase conversions.
A quality score can mean you bid less than someone else but still appear in the top 4 positions. It is worth investing in making your page quality as high as possible. It could cost you more if you try to do it yourself as the ongoing cost difference will soon mount up.
The easy way to run successful Google Ad Campaigns
At Copper Bay Digital we pride ourselves on running high-quality Google Ad accounts. This includes optimising and managing your campaigns ads, keywords and ad groups. For many of our clients we also help improve their website experience.
We help everybody from start-ups to multi million pound businesses. Our experienced team have a proven track record of delivering. We can also work with you to help cut down wasted spends which often can offset our agency fee. Meaning you’ll be spending less money and generating more revenue.
How Copper Bay Digital work:
- Have the very best tools to target your audience at the right time with the right message on the right device
- We are a Google Premier partner with access to discounts benefits and the latest new features and trials.
- Out team work as an extension of your marketing department or independently depending on your needs.
- We often inherit accounts improve and rebuild improve ROI instantly growing 10x in the first few months.
- We have experience of some of the most advanced techniques to save you wasting spend on needless keywords or audiences.
Contact us to schedule a call with our experienced digital marketing team.