Understanding what is meant by the term ‘bespoke software’
In today’s fast-paced digital world, businesses rely heavily on technology to stay ahead of the competition. While off-the-shelf software solutions have their merits, bespoke software offers a unique advantage that can greatly enhance your business operations.
What is meant by ‘custom software’?
Custom software (also called bespoke software or tailor-made software) is something that is uniquely developed to address the specific needs of a particular business or organisation. It could be anything from a custom booking system to a CRM to manage clients.
Regardless of the purpose, it is designed and created from scratch to specifically cater for the client’s unique requirements and processes. The aim of the tailored solution is to optimise business processes, offer more value to customers or enhance efficiency.
Real Examples of Bespoke Software:
Bespoke software describes a wide range of systems or digital tools that are used across all industries or sectors so it can be difficult to understand exactly what they are.
We’ve put together some real examples of custom software that we’ve built for our clients.
Example 1: A Custom Booking Tool
For our client Tiny Toes Ballet, they needed a class booking system that not only was easy for parents to use but also made it easy for franchise owners to manage their businesses.
Example 2: A Bespoke CRM to Track Customers and Booking Tool
Another one of our clients New Home Quality Control had grown hugely over lockdown thanks to going viral on TikTok. As a result, they were finding it difficult to manage and track their home inspection leads.
This project involved creating a custom website that highlighted their new success, a bespoke booking tool and a CRM to track all the leads they were receiving.
Example 3: A Customer Portal
Although not all bespoke software is created to improve internal processes for staff members. We were approached by Short Bros Homes to create a customer portal for their new homebuyers to ensure they were able to compete with their competitors.
How Software Development Can Enhance Your Business:
Software development can play a pivotal role in improving business efficiency and productivity. Tailor-made software solutions are designed to address the unique requirements of your business processes, workflows, and objectives.
Unlike off-the-shelf software, you already have a customised tool that fully aligns with your business needs and processes. This means that you can easily use it to streamline operations, automate tasks, manage data and improve overall productivity.
How to choose a software development company for bespoke solutions
Not all digital agencies are created equally. So when you’re considering one for a custom solution, it’s important to consider:
- Their expertise and experience – have they done it before?
- Communication is vital – if they aren’t communicating well at the beginning, you can expect it to continue throughout your project.
- Scoping – will there be a dedicated phase to identifying the best solution for your bespoke software?
- Training – will they offer support with learning how to use your new software?
- Support and Maintenance – do they offer ongoing support and maintenance to address any issues or provide updates?
- Budget – although you won’t want to overspend on your project, beware of companies offering you really low quotes as they might not fully understand what you’re looking for.
- Clarity – does their quote address the whole process? Do you know exactly what you’re getting for your money?
Here at Copper Bay, we work with our clients to make sure everybody understands the best solution for their project. And we are happy to walk you through our processes, from initial designs right up to testing and launching.